Please visit the Aspen News page to join our e-news mailing list and to get the latest issue and archives of the Aspen Newsletter.
Please visit the Upcoming Events page for a full listing of events, programs and more.
||Annual General Meeting
||Petrolia Senior's - Rev. Travis Enright Indian Reservation Schools
||Aspen Heritage Day
||GEOMEER Fun Run
Be sure to purchase your Community League membership; you will need the membership for some of the activities and events.
Board members over the past number of years have been working towards modernizing the Aspen Gardens Bylaws to me more consistent with other community organizations. The EFCL provided the league with a template set of bylaws, which are available to all community leagues upon request. The template was reviewed by the board and subsequent clerical changes were made to personalize the bylaws to our league. No significant changes have been made to the content of the bylaws in relation to the template provided by the EFCL.
On March 5, at the Annual General Meeting, the bylaws will be put forward for membership approval. Below is the updated version for your review. More information on the AGM will be posted shortly and will also be included in your March newsletter.
By Sara Flanders-Brown
Previously the Aspen Gardens Annual General Meeting (AGM) has occurred later in the spring when more of us are looking to escape the house and socialize a little with our neighbours. When we voted last year to change the AGCL fiscal year end December 31, our Annual General Meeting date was moved up to reflect this. So in case you need them, here are 9 reasons to attend our Aspen Gardens Annual General Meeting March 5th at Westbrook School.
- It starts at 6 pm with dinner. You won't have your pajamas on yet, but it's late enough that it's an evening out.
- Free child minding and supper for the weans. When you arrive with your family, send your children ages 2-12 to the Westbrook gym where volunteers will supervise pizza supper and games until the meeting adjourns.
- You will also get supper! Stroll with the other adults into the library for your own dinner. Sit down at a table and enjoy the conversation that doesn't include bathroom talk or why cows can't walk down stairs.
- Enjoy learning about your neighbourhood. The AGM begins at 6:30, chaired by the AGCL President Joel Ruff. He's a pretty awesome guy, likes big hugs.
- You'll learn something about your neighbourhood. Maybe it'll be about the interesting things happening around you all the time and that you can be a part of.
- You will have an opportunity to bring concerns that you might have for our neighbourhood forward. And we'll listen. Not just because Joel will make us but also because that's what good neighbours do.
- You will see something you want to be a part of.
- We even thought of door prizes. There will be draws for three $100 door prizes throughout the evening donated by local businesses.
- After claiming your little ones in the gym to head home, take one last look through the school Lost and Found bins for your children's missing right gloves. Only the rights...
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Aspen Gardens Community League Annual General Meeting.
Any questions regarding the AGM can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It's helpful if you are bringing your family to RSVP email@example.com with numbers. Thanks!
- Approval of Agenda
- Adoption of 2013 AGM minutes
- Annual report for 2014/15
- Building Sub-committee update
- Motion to Approve Proposed Bylaws
- Treasurer's Report
There are two positions open. Please consider supporting the community and put your name forward.
Aspen Gardens is a quiet, mature neighbourhood located in southwest Edmonton, Alberta Canada. We are bordered by 119 Street, Whitemud/Rainbow Valley Bridge, Whitemud Creek Ravine/Nature Reserve, and Westbrook Drive. Our community league currently represents both Aspen Gardens and Westbrook communities.
The Aspen Gardens Community League website provides online access to important community information, resources and programs. We welcome your input and invite your feedback. Please feel free to contact us by filling out the form on our Contact page.
Spring is fast approaching and we are gearing up for another great season of outdoor soccer.
Depending on the age of your SOCCER players, please read the appropriate section below:
U4 - U8 (2011, 2009-10, 2007-8)
Our U4, U6 and U8 teams will remain in-house. This means that we will run the soccer program and play all the games on Aspen fields and form teams within our neighbourhood. It is GREAT fun to be out there with the neighbours and see the kids play.
The registration form is below and all information is indicated on the form.
The kids will receive a uniform and picture along with having loads of fun with friends.
Registration dates for the outdoor season are as follows:
February 7, 1:00PM-3:00PM, Aspen Gardens Community League
February 13, 7:00PM-9:00PM, Greenfield Community League
February 14, 10:00AM-2:00PM, Duggan Community League
February 19, 6:30PM-8:30 PM, Aspen Gardens Community League
February 21, 10:00AM-2:00PM, Greenfield Community League
February 28, 10:00AM-2:00PM, Duggan Community League
You can attend any of the above noted dates as there will be an Aspen Gardens table set up to take your registrations.