New Rink Guidelines
*in place until at least January 21, 2021*
Due to COVID and recent restrictions, there are important changes for us to share with you regarding skating on the community rinks. Please note these are public health guidelines that we MUST follow as a community.
PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDELINES STATE:
- There is a maximum capacity of 10 people on each ice surface. If it is too busy, please come back and skate another time. If you are a family already skating, please be mindful of the time spent on the ice and allow room (time) for others to enjoy it as well.
- Shinny, tag and pick-up hockey are prohibited except between household members. In an effort to help all skaters comply with current restrictions, AGCL is not putting out nets
- The boot room will remain closed
- Please click to see this document for more information: RINK GUIDELINES & QR CODE
AGCL GUIDELINES STATE:
- Absolutely no sticks and pucks will be allowed on the pond (surface without boards)
- Sticks and pucks are ONLY allowed on rinks surrounded by boards
- All ice surfaces are family friendly. Expect to see all ages and abilities on all ice surfaces
- Rink closes at 9pm
Parents, please talk to family members about these rules.
If anyone is on the ice and breaking public health guidelines above and attached, feel free to notify by-law officers who are responsible for enforcement. Anyone caught breaking these rules can be fined.
Please help us keep the rinks open and keep our community safe by following these guidelines. Non-adherence to these guidelines will result in the rinks being closed for the Winter 2020/2021 season.
We appreciate your support. Help us keep our community safe and happy this winter.